App Store Optimization for your mobile apps : The Benefits of App Store Optimization
Technological advancement is at its peak. The international mobile apps market has seen a surge at a rate of 29.8% each year. From mobile banking apps to game apps, from office apps to a monosyllabic app that simply says “Yo”, the apps market is developing in ways that were never thought possible, for new heights of convenience and entertainment.
There are over two million mobile apps with key app players like Google Android, Apple iOS, Blackberry, Microsoft and Symbian. This is why one of the biggest issues facing mobile app publishers today is visibility and why getting your app discovered can be like trying to find a needle in a haystack.
Ever tried to find a specific game app you’d seen advertised on Facebook or in a Google Ad, but despite endless searching you couldn’t seem to find that particular app? Enter App Store Optimization (ASO): An important technique that can help optimize your mobile apps, making them more visible and more easily searchable by enabling them to rank higher in an app store’s search results.
There are two types of App Store Optimization: On-page Optimization and Off-page Optimization.
On-page Optimization covers issues such as:
- Creating a descriptive, concise title for the app. If a good user experience is your goal, you want the user to be able to read your app title in its entirety. Make sure the title clearly outlines what the app is for.
- Adding a clear, effective description of what the app is, what it does, and why it should be used. You can add up to 4000 characters in your description. Make sure it is well spent.
- Creating an iconic logo that is eye-catching and creatively expresses the goal of the app.
- Correctly categorizing your app. Is it an “application” or a “game”? Make sure you’ve chosen the correct type and category.
- Displaying some attention-grabbing screenshots of your app in use and adding a demo video of the primary features of the app and other aspects you want to highlight to users.
- Using Google Plus to leverage visibility.
Off-page Optimization covers issues such as:
- Ratings and reviews for your app. This is a critical part of optimizing your app. If other users find your app, but only see a one-star rating, or read only bad reviews about your app, new installations of your app will happen infrequently, and your performance ratings will fall.
- Making use of user feedback to continually improve the mobile app. This will tangibly demonstrate to users that you care about their experience and that you are continually working to give them a better one. This will strengthen your ratings and promote word-of-mouth recommendations for your app.
- A high number of total app downloads. The more downloads your app has, the greater the chance that others will notice your app’s popularity and download it as well.
- Building links is a key way to ensure your app is featured in Google’s search indexes. Getting legitimate links from reputable websites is crucial.
We at Pulse Solutions understand how important App Store Optimization is to the success of your mobile applications. Our team of technology experts is committed to utilizing every tool at their disposal to ensure your mobile app has high visibility and improved page ranking. Contact us today to begin the optimization for your apps.